- Apr 22, 2017 -
The advantages and disadvantages of nonwovens
1. Light: the polypropylene resin as the main production of raw materials, the proportion of only 0.9, only three-fifths of cotton, with fluffy, feel good.
2. Soft: composed of fine fibers (2-3D) light-like hot-melt bonding molding. Finished softness moderate, with a sense of comfort.
3. Water, breathable: polypropylene slices do not absorb water, moisture content of zero, finished water good, 100% fiber composition with porous, good ventilation, easy to keep the fabric dry, easy to wash.
4. Non-toxic, non-irritating: products in line with FDA food-grade raw materials production, excluding other chemical composition, stable performance, non-toxic, no smell, do not stimulate the skin.
5. Antimicrobial, anti-chemical agents: Polypropylene is a chemical blunt material, not moth, and can isolate the existence of bacteria and insects within the erosion of bacteria; antibacterial, alkali corrosion, the product does not affect the intensity due to erosion.
6. Antibacterial. Products with water, not mold, and can isolate the existence of liquid bacteria and insects within the erosion, not mildew.
7. Good physical properties. From polypropylene spinning directly paved into a hot bond, the strength of the product is better than the general staple fiber products, the strength of non-directional, vertical and horizontal intensity similar.
8. In terms of environmental protection, the raw material used in most nonwovens is polypropylene, and the raw material of plastic bags is polyethylene, although the two substances are similar in name, but the chemical structure is very different. Polyethylene chemical molecular structure has a very strong stability, very difficult to degrade, so the plastic bags need 300 years to break down; and polypropylene chemical structure is not strong, the molecular chain is easy to break, which can be effectively degraded , And in the non-toxic form into the next cycle of the environment, a non-woven shopping bags in 90 days can be completely decomposed. And non-woven shopping bags can be reused more than 10 times, after the pollution of the environment is only 10% of plastic bags.
1) Poor strength and durability compared to textile fabrics.
2) can not be washed like other fabrics.
3) fibers arranged in a certain direction, so easy to split from the right angle and so on. Therefore, the improvement of the production method is mainly to prevent the improvement of the split.